Past clients and consulting projects
Undisclosed Client, Clean Technology company (Plug-load Energy Management)
- Provide feedback and guidance on the technical roadmap (hardware and software), to determine critical headcount needs and timing,
- Develop a comprehensive business model, including detailed revenue & expense models, resulting in a set of consolidated financial forecasts,
- Evaluate and help implement effective pricing structures for a product and service that are brand new and unique,
- Provide input on the creation of an effective investor presentation for fundraising purposes,
- Facilitate investor meetings as needed.
Kicker Studio, User Interface and Industrial Design Firm
- Introduced performance monitoring, including establishment of baseline & target utilization and billing rates,
- Created streamlined tools for internal project costing, including a positive feedback loop for improved accuracy over time,
- Developed basic processes and tools for full-year budgeting & revenue forecasting,
- Established a structure for regular management and variance reporting,
- Facilitated growth planning, including establishment of necessary financial targets to support additional headcount.
The Crucible, Industrial Arts Non-Profit
- Member, Advisory Council to the Board of Directors
- Directed the streamlined integration of online transaction data with the in-house financial system,
- Currently working on an extensive program & pricing analysis, for improved class enrollment,
- Work with the Finance Committee on debt consolidation, improving working capital and increasing cost efficiencies.
ABC Legal Services, Legal Services firm
- Led the successful effort to negotiate the acquisition of a related business in Northern California, including operational and financial due diligence, price negotiations and closing terms.
- Consultant, working with Principal owner and partner of two related firms, to address financing, reporting, forecasting and organizational development issues, to facilitate the next phase of growth.
Sockdolager LLC, Arts Production & Management company
- Founder and Managing Member for a sculptural arts group, responsible for the Raygun Gothic Rocketship, a large-scale, interactive art installation,
- Responsible for the establishment and organization of the business, legal, financial and administrative framework within which the project was successfully managed,
- Co-Lead Artist responsible for guiding the project from initial concept, through design engineering, fund raising, fabrication & installation,
- As Project Manager, supervised 60+ volunteers on a daily basis, through diverse aspects of the project, including fabrication, logistics, fundraising and support, leading to an on-time completion and delivery,
- Responsible for all guiding facets of negotiations, permits, engineering and fund-raising for a 14 month public installation at Pier 14, on San Francisco’s Embarcadero,
- Responsible for vendor selection and management of all outside fabrication work.